Film grain is one of the techniques we use to make product renders more believable. Product renders are usually too perfect. Adding film grain helps to break the colors slightly and make renders more believable.
In the demo video above, we are using 100% grain to show the effect. In most cases, grain should be applied 30 to 70% strength.
This package includes two colored film grains in 4k and HD resolutions (four in total). The color in the grain is an artistic choice to slightly break the perfect colors. You can make black and white grain by applying a black and white filter.
- Faces: N/A
- Verts: N/A
- UV Mapped: N/A
- Textured: N/A
- Rigged: N/A
- Animated: Yes
- Texture Size: N/A
- Render Size: 3840 x 2160 and 1920 x 1080
- Formats: MOV H265
How to use
- Import the desired film grain file to any editing program
- Make sure the grain layer is on top of all other layers
- Change the blending mode to Overlay
- Use opacity to control the strength
- Use Black and White filter to remove the colors from grain
- Application with MOV support